- transfers the entire sax weight evenly to both shoulders, no stress on the neck
- can be put on by one hand in seconds
- saves space, smaller than a sheet of paper when folded
- is very comfortable when sitting or standing, since it does not slip away
- looks great, especially designed for both men and women performers
- is a high-tech product that uses aircraft and space travel materials: made of Kevlar ® and aircraft aluminum.
- can be set quickly and easily: swing both shoulder handles up, pull out the telescopic slide, rotate the abdominal rest, ready.
- developed in Switzerland
- made in the European Community
- patents pending worldwide
Is saxholder suitable for all saxophones? Saxholder works great with alto sax and tenor sax. Many players use the saxholder with baritone sax. There are players which use saxholder fully satisfied with the bass sax. Saxholder is also very well suited for bass clarinet and bassoon, but here you have to use a longer cord (included in delivery).
Is saxholder available in different sizes? Saxholder has one universal size, since all relevant parts are adjustable.
Is saxholder suitable for children? It is suitable for children over about 12 years. We recommend that children should not use neck straps. It is really bad, when they have to bear the full weight of the instrument on the neck.
Can I play with the saxholder in sitting position? Saxholder is suitable for playing while standing or sitting. When you play away-from-body, your right thumb will fatigue much less than with other straps, since the cord attachment is further forward. You can move with the instrument very freely in all directions. When sitting, the saxholder don't slips away all the time, because the shoulder handle and the abdomen rest are made of slip resistant material.
Is it possible to store the saxholder in the instrument case? Yes, saxholder fits perfectly into the tenor sax or baritone sax bell. For alto sax: depending on case size. Saxholder folded together is smaller than a sheet of paper, so it can be stowed in the music bag.
In which color are saxholders available? All parts of saxholder, including cord are black, only the eye of the hook is bare metal.
How secure is the hook? The common available plastic hooks are assembled from multiple parts, this connection can solve or break. Most of the available cast metal hooks are inherently brittle and can break. Hooks made from bare metal have the disadvantage that they have a lot of friction in the attachment of the instrument, which wear out over the time. Hook from saxholder is made of stainless steel, with high performance plastic coating. This is the safest and most effective combination. The cord is made of highly durable, scrub resistant Dyneema cord, breaking load is 250 kg (!)
How heavy is the saxholder? Saxholder weighs ready-to-use less than 180 grams.