The DURGA 5 alto has a big, rich and contemporary sound, but due to its unique chamber it also plays amazing ballads.
The DURGA 5 does everything the DURGA 4 does, but with more core and body to the sound. Since the DURGA Alto has become a true classic in the saxophone world, we didn’t want to change the base sound signature. But we did want to update it with some of Theo’s new technology. Hence, it now has a Medium-Stadium-Chamber™, and a new technology in creation of the baffle. By continued research & development, Theo has optimized the baffle and chamber to accept airflow even better. You will get a much fuller, yet freer blowing, mouthpiece. Soooooo much fun to play!
The DURGA has a step-baffle for power, but also deeply rounded inner side walls leading into our Medium-Stadium-Chamber™, giving it the full sound inherent in a True Large Chamber AND extra projection. This is why it can scream and be mellow depending on your mood.
- Great for Jazz, R&B, and Rock & Roll.
- Projects a sensual tone that is flirtatious and erotic. It makes everyone want to dance!
- It is so unique; it really has to be played to be understood and believed.
- Radical proprietary Medium-Stadium-Chamber™. Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Uniquely shaped long step baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber DURGA 5 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The Hard Rubber DURGA includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick-on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.